April 11th - May 30th, 2018
4:00pm - 5:30pm
FREE to parents & caregivers of children
(608) 224-3645 or (608) 224-3714
Interested in FREE nutrition education? Want to improve the health of yourself and your family?
Join Eating Smart and Being Active! The course is FREE and available to pregnant moms, parents and caregivers of young children.
What can Eating Smart and Being Active offer my family and I?
- Understand how to make healthy options for you and your child(ren).
- Learn and engage through physical activity
- Develop healthy lifestyle choices
- Practice and develop important cooking skills
- Feel confident with food safety
- Advance your skills in food resources management
- Taste new & nutritious recipes each week
- and more!
The University of Wisconsin Extension’s FoodWIse programming offers an evidence based nutrition class, Eating Smart and Being Active. The content of the curriculum is based on the latest research findings from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate.
- Lesson 1 – Welcome to Eating Smart and Being Active
- Lesson 2 – Get Moving!
- Lesson 3 – Plan, Shop, $ave
- Lesson 4 – Fruits & Veggies: Half Your Plate
- Lesson 5 – Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Lesson 6 – Build Strong Bones
- Lesson 7 – Go Lean with Protein
- Lesson 8 – Make a Change & Celebrate!
When: Wednesdays, April 11-May 30th
Location: Seven Oaks Community, 1162 Moorland Road, Madison, WI
Room: Community Room
For other Dane County locations and other ESBA class dates contact:
- Jackie Gehin (608) 224-3714 (English)
- Aracely Portillo (608) 224-3749 (Español/Spanish)