John Lyle Memorial Scholarships are available to help support the education of youth in Dane County, Wisconsin. The number and amount of the scholarships vary annually.
The UW-Extension Committee of the Dane County Board approves the applications for the scholarships using the following criteria, not necessarily in the order given:
- Graduate of a Dane County high school
- Current Dane County resident
- Career goal in agriculture, family and consumer sciences or related field
- Current or previous 4-H and/or FFA activities
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Community service
- Financial need
- Academic achievement
If interested in applying, follow these steps:
- Fill out the application form. Applications must be typed.
- Request and submit a copy of your latest high school or college transcript
- Request and submit a letter of recommendation from three people who know you well, such as a teacher, FFA advisor, County Extension agent, clergy member, 4-H leader, counselor or employer.
Download and complete the fillable application form rev 1-17 2018 attach transcript and letters of recommendation and send to Extension. Or complete the online application. For the online application, you will need to upload your transcripts and letters of support to the application.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received in the Dane County UW-Extension Office or POSTMARKED by 4:30 pm on May 1st in order to be included for consideration for the following school year.
Send your completed application and required application materials to: JOHN LYLE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP, DANE CO UW-EXTENSION, 5201 FEN OAK DR STE 138, MADISON WI 53718
You may fax your application materials to 608-224-3727. Please verify that the materials arrived by calling 608-224-3700.
If you are awarded a John Lyle Scholarship, you will need to inform the Dane County UW-Extension Office of any other scholarships you receive for that school year. The total scholarship money awarded to an individual cannot exceed the actual school costs.
Scholarship money will be awarded only after school starts and the Committee receives verification of attendance/enrollment.
For questions contact Sandy Jensen, 608-224-3707 or firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Wisconsin, U.S.D.A, and Wisconsin counties cooperating. UW-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming including Title IX and ADA.