Upcoming Dane County UW-Extension workshops, classes and events:
- 2017 Green Thumb Gardening ClassesAre you a home gardener looking to become more experienced? This spring, Dane County UW-Extension is hosting the Green Thumb Gardening class series! Taught by University of Wisconsin educators and local experts, this lecture series will give you the practical knowledge to keep your home garden thriving across the seasons.
Community Food Systems:
No items to display at this time.
- Finding a Swine Veterinarian to Meet VFD ChangesAdapted from Lyssa Seefeldt, UW-Extension Agriculture Agent, Marquette County & Member of UW-Extension Swine Team Increasing interest in preventing the development of antibiotic resistant bacteria and protecting the effectiveness of the antimicrobials that we currently have fueled the initiative behind the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) rule changes. Th […]
- Farm Succession Grant to Cover Meetings with ProfessionalsDane County UWEX has received a grant funding from the Dane County Farm Technology Days Show to pay for four farm families to meet with agriculture professionals on farm succession planning.
- Newly Revised Stocker Budget AvailableThe UW-Extension Beef Team has released a revised version of their very popular "Stocker Budget" for farmers to download and use.
- Veterinary Feed DirectiveAs of January 1, 2017, producers will be unable to purchase medicated feeds, pre-mixes, or medicines containing medically important antibiotics, over the counter. To learn more watch these podcasts or download a fact sheet.
- Getting It Right! Tips for Transferring the FarmWhether you are just starting out or have been working on this for a long time, here's a list of the top 10 tips for farm families going through the farm transfer/succession process.