Upcoming Dane County UW-Extension workshops, classes and events:
- 2017 Green Thumb Gardening ClassesAre you a home gardener looking to become more experienced? This spring, Dane County UW-Extension is hosting the Green Thumb Gardening class series! Taught by University of Wisconsin educators and local experts, this lecture series will give you the practical knowledge to keep your home garden thriving across the seasons.
Community Food Systems:
- Know Your Buyer, Know Your Supplier Procurement Training SeriesFarm to School Procurement Training Series You are invited to attend a free, day-long local food procurement training and networking event happening this August across Wisconsin. Learn from local experts, and meet other farmers, processors, distributors, foodservice professionals, and kitchen staff interested in connecting more Wisconsin-grown foods to early […]
- Summertime Safety at Fairs, Festivals, & Farm Tourism VenturesJohn Shutske, Ag Safety Specialist Millions of people visit county and state fairs, farm festivals, and “agritourism” destinations every summer. Visiting a petting zoo, spending a day at the fair to check out the grand champion steer, or a taking a late summer walk through a corn maze or pumpkin patch provides opportunities for people […]
- Determining Fair Pasture Rental RatesOne of the most frequent questions producers ask is, “What is a fair rental rate for pasture?” In the absence of a commercial market for pasture, producers often end up bargaining for a rental price. For instance, if there is a large amount of pasture acres in a given area, the rent may be lower […]
- Finding a Swine Veterinarian to Meet VFD ChangesAdapted from Lyssa Seefeldt, UW-Extension Agriculture Agent, Marquette County & Member of UW-Extension Swine Team Increasing interest in preventing the development of antibiotic resistant bacteria and protecting the effectiveness of the antimicrobials that we currently have fueled the initiative behind the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) rule changes. Th […]
- Farm Succession Grant to Cover Meetings with ProfessionalsDane County UWEX has received a grant funding from the Dane County Farm Technology Days Show to pay for four farm families to meet with agriculture professionals on farm succession planning.
- Newly Revised Stocker Budget AvailableThe UW-Extension Beef Team has released a revised version of their very popular "Stocker Budget" for farmers to download and use.