Mark your calendar for the Dane County Master Gardener Plant Sale on Sunday, May 22, 2016, 11 am to 3 pm at the Dane County UW-Extension Office parking lot, 5201 Fen Oak Drive in Madison, WI 53718. The rain date will be Sunday, May 29th. We offer hundreds of perennials for shade or sun, vegetable & herb starts, annuals and more! Plants are reasonably priced. Proceeds will help purchase seeds & supplies for community gardening programs. Cash or check only. 2016 SPRING PLANT SALE Flyer
The Dane County UWEX Horticulture Program offers a number of services including:
- Answers to gardening questions (May thru Oct) from Dane County residents via the Horticulture Hotline 608-224-3721, Email email@example.com or walk-in assistance.
- General Master Gardener Volunteer Training
- Educational Programs for the general public
- Green Industry Educational Programs
- Dane County Tree Board Staffing and Emerald Ash Borer education
- Development and maintenance of the Dane County UWEX teaching garden
- Community Foods Systems
- School garden training and assistance
- Community Garden assistance
- Public presentations by Master Gardener Volunteers on topics such as seed starting, composting, container gardening, square foot gardening, seed saving, and how to become a Master Gardener Volunteer.
For more information on a variety of horticulture topics visit the Wisconsin Horticulture website.
- Our Staff:
Lisa Johnson grew up in Madison’s southwest side. Lisa’s mother and grandfather were avid gardeners, and her love of plant life was encouraged by high-school biology teacher Marilyn Hanson. Lisa earned her undergraduate degree in Horticulture at UW-Madison and worked at various local garden centers and nurseries before returning to the UW for a graduate degree in Agricultural Communications. She started her Cooperative Extension career first in Milwaukee County before returning to Dane County. Lisa started the Teaching Garden at Dane County UWEX in 2004 as an outdoor classroom for master gardeners, children and the general public. When not gardening, she enjoys playing folk music on guitar, autoharp and bowed psaltry and sharing quality time with her cats.
Joe Muellenberg, Horticulture Coordinator
Joe Muellenberg serves as the horticulture program coordinator in Dane County. His role includes working with school gardens and other community gardening projects, assisting with the Master Gardener program, and coordinating composting education. He partners with the Madison Metropolitan School District, the WI Department of Corrections, Community Groundworks, and other community partners to deliver horticulture education throughout Dane County.