Need your Pressure Canner Tested?
Testing happens on Wednesday mornings starting at 9 am. Bring your canner lid with a dial gauge (we do not test weighted gauges) anytime before 9 am on Wednesdays. Tested canner gauges can be picked up as early as 12:30 pm on Wednesdays. Our office hours are 7:45 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. We are closed major holidays. The charge is $3 per gauge.
- UW-Extension Home and Family Publications (including food and nutrition)
- UW-Extension Food Preservation Bulletins
- Food Preservation Bulletins Order Form
- University of Wisconsin Family Living Programs
- Food Safety and Health – the premier resource for food safety & health information for Wisconsin consumers. Your source for up-to-date and research-tested information on food preservation, food safety, starting a small food business, and hot topics in food safety and health.
- Smart Start: Guiding Your Child to a Lifetime of Healthy Eating
Other Helpful Links:
- Fight BAC!
- Be Food Safe
- Meals for You
- National Center for Home Food Preservation University of Georgia
- Database of Food Preservation Information Pennsylvania State University
- Alltrista Consumer Products Company (Ball Products) – Home Canning
- Links to Government Websites with Nutrition Information
- Gateway to US Government Food Safety Information
- Searchable Nutrient Composition Database From US Dept of Agriculture (USDA)
- Food and Nutrition Information From the USDA
- Dietary Guidelines For Americans (and Related Materials)
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (Part of the National Institutes for Health)
- Information from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Dietetic Association
- Meat HACCP – research-based help for small meat and poultry processors. Key resources on this site include: THERM a web-based program for evaluating deviations in raw product processing or handling; HACCP Model Plans – model plans jointly developed by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (Food Safety division) and the University of Wisconsin-Extension for use by small and very small meat processors throughout the state.